Welcome to the Renew the American Dream Campaign!
As filmmakers and social activists we are committed to empowering the immigrant population in the United States…especially the latest wave of Latin@ immigrants.
Civic engagement is one of the most powerful political tools available to the citizens of a vibrant democracy. Electoral participation is the engine that drives change in a free and open society. If we are going to change immigration and have any chance of passing Comprehensive Immigration Reform (CIR) or a subset piece of legislation like the DREAM Act, then you’ve got to engage in the electoral process, and this year it’s more important than ever!
We have a 3 part strategy for helping to pass the DREAM Act and YOU can participate.
In collaboration with our partners, which include Immigration Reform Advocates, Youth Activists and Progressive Organizations we are creating promotional videos to get Latin@ and Progressive Youth registered to vote.
Are you an organization in need of a video? Get in touch with us so that we can collaborate!
- We create the videos
- Our Partners spread the word and do the grassroots organizing to help get youth registered
- And You need to Register to Vote
And of course, you can also help by spreading the word to your family, friends and acquaintances about the importance of getting registered. Once we have finished production on our first batch of videos, we’ll upload them to our video center (coming soon) and make them available for you to share via social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. You can be instrumental in helping us to get the word out!
Stay tuned for more information about this phase of our overall campaign…
And that’s where the documentary film comes in…
Well…don’t forget that we are a TEAM of filmmakers. For the past three years (now going on four) we have been producing a documentary film, DREAM: An American Story on the DREAM Act.
So our plan is to do the following:
- Secure National Distribution in 2013 – We are currently negotiating with domestic distributors (more on this later) to secure a national broadcast in early 2013. That’s when we believe there will be a big push in Congress to pass some kind of immigration reform legislation.
- Reach Out to Our Partners for Grassroots Screenings – We will reach out to our partners and through those organizations, we will conduct grassroots screenings of the documentary film.
- Reach out to YOU to do the same – We will make the film available to anyone who wants to conduct a personal screening of the film.
- Our aim is to educate as many people as possible, and FIRE THEM UP, about this important legislation. In an effort to help pass the legislation, we will distribute our film as widely and broadly as possible, especially if we can push the film out in conjunction with any move in Congress that will bring the legislation to a vote.
A Special Thank You to Team Sueño!
During the Winter Semester of 2012, four American University students helped us to conceptualize and develop the RAD Campaign and our social media outreach. Thanks Team Sueño! We couldn’t have done it without you.